Sunday, September 8, 2019

Mission Minute - 8 SEPT 2019

Hey Everybody!



I just wanted to give another update, I've been on the coast for a few weeks now and am settling in nicely. The students (46 of them) arrived a week ago and have been settling in during their time here. It has been honoring, humbling, and exciting to see them and be apart of their beginning journey's.

Today they learned their outreach locations and they are all VERY excited. We did a super fun reveal where we put them all in the vans and had them put on blindfolds, we then drove around the neighborhood to throw them off a bit and made our way to a local beach were they had to dig in the sand to find letter of the location options. They then had to put all the letter together and spell the country correctly. Then the groups had to guess which locations they were going to and who their outreach leaders were. It was so much fun and was a great way to end our weekend :)

As I shared in the video God has really been teaching me complete dependence on Him, especially when it comes to discipleship. He has been showing me that He walks to talk to each of His kids, and that when we get in the way of that it only lessens people's abilities for themselves. That instead of giving advice, sometimes it is more important to ask them what they think God is saying to them, and let them hear for themselves. Discipleship should always be less about us and more about God.

One of the ways he taught me this was when I got to be part of a SOZO training. SOZO is a Greek word that means to save, heal, deliver, or be made whole. It basically trains people how to help people ask God the right questions so that they hear from God themselves and can have breakthrough in their lives while also getting all the words from God themselves. It also is used to help expose lies that we believe deep down that come from emotional wounds. As I was going through this training it just reminded me how I should be continually pointing people back to Jesus instead of to whatever I think they should do - because God knows much better than I do - thank goodness for that!

Preparation for outreach begins tomorrow and I am very excited to get to go through this incredible journey of preparing for three months to go to a nation that I know God is calling me to be in, for at least a little while (two months for starters) I am convinced that God has such good plans for this time ahead and for the students we are taking with us on Outreach!

I will do another team intro for you all so you can fall in love with my team at least a little bit and can see how beautiful and lovely they all are <3

If you could all be praying for just continued dependence on God as well as for wisdom and humility in this time of leading. Please also be praying for our students, that they would fall in love with missions, the country, and most important of all God!

Thank you so much for all your prayers and support,
I love and miss you all!
Allison


No comments:

Post a Comment